Marriage and Civil Union Information and Links
Please call 908-735-8800 ext 200 for appointment
What to bring with you when you apply:
- If you are divorced or have had a marriage annulled, please bring the divorce decree or the civil annulment documents. If your former spouse is deceased please bring the death certificate.
- A copy of your birth certificate, driver’s license, passport or state I.D.
- Proof of your residency.
- Your social security card or social security number.
- A witness (18 years or older) who knows both the male and female applicants.
- The $28 application fee.
- Your social security number is required by law and will be kept confidential.
- The application must be signed in the presence of the Registrar.
- There is a 72 hour waiting period between application and license issue.
- Any documents in a foreign language must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Applying for a Marriage/Civil Union License in New Jersey
Application for a Marriage/Civil Union License
ENTERING INTO A MARRIAGE, CIVIL UNION OR DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP IN NEW JERSEY
Ordering a copy of a Vital record (birth, death, marriage, etc)
Certified copies of vital records are available for a fee of $5.00 per copy. Proper identification is required before certified copies can be issued.
Application requirements for Certified Copies
Application for a Certified Copy of a Vital Record