Clinton Township Class III Special Law Enforcement Officer
3/26/2018 4:00 PM
The Clinton Township Police Department in Hunterdon County will be accepting applications for the position of Class III Special Law Enforcement Officer.
Applications will be available at police headquarters, 1370 Route 31 North, Annandale, New Jersey between 8:30 am and 4:00 pm, from Monday, March 12, 2018 through Wednesday, March 21, 2018, excluding Saturdays and Sundays. All applications and related materials must be returned to the Clinton Township Police Department by 4:00 pm on Monday, March 26, 2018. All applicants must complete an application. Returned applications must be accompanied by the applicant’s detailed resume. Application materials from prior processes will not be accepted.
As per N.J.S.A. 40A:14-146.10, applicants shall:
1) be a retired law enforcement officer who is less than sixty-five (65) years of age,
2) have served as a qualified, fully-trained, full-time law enforcement officer in any municipality or county of New Jersey or as a member of the New Jersey State Police and has not been separated from that prior service for more than three (3) years from the prospective date of hire;
3) obtain a ‘Letter of Good Standing’ from the agency from which they retired; which shall list the applicant’s date of retirement;
4) possess a New Jersey Police Training Commission ‘Basic Police Officer Certification’ or ‘New Jersey State Police Academy Certification’;
5) be a resident of New Jersey during the term of appointment;
6) be able to read, write, and speak the English language well and intelligently;
7) possess a high school diploma or its equivalent;
8) be of good moral character;
9) not have been convicted of any offense involving dishonesty or which would make the applicant unfit to perform the duties of a police officer;
10) is physically capable of performing the functions of the position as determined by the Police Training Commission guidelines;
In addition, potential hires shall submit to the same background investigation as that of full-time police officers, including but not limited to submitting to a psychological examination, obtaining a ‘Medical Certification Form’ upon submitting to a medical examination, and submitting to a drug screen test in conformance with the New Jersey Attorney General’s ‘Law Enforcement Drug Testing Policy’.
*The Clinton Township Police Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.*