Deer Management Program
Clinton Township Deer Hunt for the 2021/2022 Season
as of 2/25/2021
Key points about the program for the 2021/2022 season:
- Application paperwork will only be available to applicants online at the Clinton Township website and will only be accepted online a detailed below.
- If submitted applications are incomplete, incorrect or received prior to the 8:00AM submission time they will be disregarded from the selection process.
- Submitted applications will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis. This will be determined by the date/time stamp on your emailed application.
- You must identify the property or properties you would like to hunt in order of preference. If this information is incomplete or inaccurate your application will be rejected. Properties will assigned on a first come, first serve basis. If your first choice property has been fully subscribed, then your subsequent preferences will be used in an attempt to assign you a property based on the order identified on your application. If you don’t identify subsequent properties, you might not be assigned a property.
- Certain properties will be bow only for the 2021/2022 hunting season. These include Windy Acres and White Cloud.
- You must identify which seasons you plan to hunt and you must agree to hunt a minimum of two of the available seasons for your particular property.
- Team sizes are a minimum of TWO and maximum of THREE. No teams of one will be allowed. If you submit you application as a resident, the primary team member must be a resident or employee of Clinton Township. Other team members do not have to be a resident or employee of Clinton Township.
- One youth hunter under the age of 18 or an apprentice hunter is allowed to be a member of the team.
- You and each team member are required to have $1,000,000 of general liability insurance. If insurance is not in place at the time of submission of your application you must show proof that you applied for said insurance prior to the start of the hunting season in September. Once you receive your policy, it must be submitted via the online application process specified above.
- There will be a mandatory orientation meeting on July 17th at Bundt Park at 9AM. The orientation will be held under the pavilion. The team leader must be present at the orientation. Other team members are not required to attend but it is strongly encouraged that they do. It is important that all team understand the rules which is why attendance at the orientation is strongly recommended. Otherwise, it is the responsibility of the team leader to communicate the rules to the remaining team members.
- All permits will be handed out at the orientation date noted above. The fee for the permit for the 2021/2022 hunting season is $100 per team and can only be paid at the orientation when you receive your permit and other paperwork.
- There have been couple of changes to the program for the 2021/2022 hunting season. They include:
- First deer taken in all seasons must be a doe. This includes the six day firearm season
- Only one treestand per hunter will be allowed. If an individual wants to relocate their treestand they must communicate with the other hunters on the property before a move is made.
- As a one-time accommodation you can add or delete a team member at a cost of $25.
- As an example a team of three can drop a team member and add a new member with all of the appropriate paperwork at a cost of $25. This can only be done one time.
- Additionally, a team of two can add a third team member with all the appropriate paperwork at a cost of $25. This can only be done one time.
- ON BOW ONLY properties all team members can hunt at the same time
- When submitting you application you are only allowed to select a maximum of three properties.
- Anyone that selects more than three properties will have their application rejected.
- If you would like a map or maps of the properties in question you can view them on the Clinton Township website.
I am looking forward to working with you this year and making sure your deer hunting experience in the Township is as positive and easy as possible. If you have any ideas or feedback please don't hesitate to contact me.
Best of luck to you and thank you for you participation in this process.