Welcome to Clinton Township Municipal Court
1370 Route 31 North, Annandale, NJ 08801
Also responsible for:
Union Twp Municipal Court
Hampton Boro Municipal Court
Town of Clinton Municipal Court
High Bridge Municipal Court
Lebanon Township Municipal Court
PAY TICKET ONLINE at NJMCdirect
The Municipal Court is overseen by the State Administrative Office of the Court.
Please visit New Jersey Courts Website for any additional information.
The Clinton Township Municipal Court is part of the New Jersey State Judiciary. We are an independent branch of government constitutionally entrusted with the fair and just resolution of disputes in order to preserve the rule of law and to protect the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States and this State.
We are a court of statutory jurisdiction having authority to hear and dispose of:
- Disorderly persons offenses, petty disorderly persons offenses and other non-indictable offenses except where exclusive jurisdiction is given to the Superior Court.
- Proceedings to collect a penalty where jurisdiction is granted by statute.
- Violations of motor vehicle and traffic laws (including parking violations)
- Municipal and county ordinance violations, certain penalty enforcement codes, health code violation, fish and game, weight and measures and all other proceeding within the territorial jurisdiction of Clinton Township Municipal Court.
- Serious criminal cases, such as robbery, auto theft, or assault, may start out as complaints filed in the Municipal Court but are transferred to the Superior Court located at the county courthouse.
Virtual Court Sessions:
In-Court Sessions are currently suspended. Virtual court sessions are being held to mitigate public exposure to C0VID-19.
To minimize foot traffic at the Clinton Township Municipal Courthouse during the C0VID-19 pandemic, the Municipal Court is conducting virtual sessions. If an individual chooses to have their case heard via virtual court session and their matter is eligible, then he/she will not have to appear in person, at the courthouse. This option is available for most court matters, however not all.
If your case qualifies for a virtual court session, we will schedule your matter. You will receive an email confirmation with instructions on how to participate.
New Online Municipal Case Resolution - No Court Appearance Required!
Clinton Township Municipal Court now offers online ticket review to dispute certain moving violations through the Online Municipal Case Resolution System. By having a moving violation reviewed online, it is not necessary to make any court appearance. Simply visit the New Jersey Municipal Courts website and enter your ticket information to see if your offense is eligible, and select the option for Case Dispute.
Eligible traffic tickets will be reviewed by a prosecutor and you will be notified with his recommendation.
See if.you are eligible to have your matter reviewed online.
If your matter is not eligible for online ticket review, you can still request to have certain tickets heard in the Clinton Township Virtual Municipal Court. You will receive a notice and instructions on how to appear.
To plead not guilty, register for virtual court.
The violation window is open. Payments can be made online or can be dropped off at our Municipal Court violations window located at 1370 Route 31 North, Annandale. Staff will be available by phone at (908) 735-3730 Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00pm.
- Plea by Mail Form
- Your Day in Court
- Municipal Court Opening Statement
- Do I quailify for a Public Defender
- Where do I pay a fine?
- Court Fines
- NJ Motor Vehicle Commission Point Schedule
- Records Request Application Form Online