Marriage & Civil Union
Please call (908) 735-8800 x204 for Appointment
What to bring with you when you apply:
- Photo ID (driver’s license, passport or state ID)
- Proof of Residency (driver's license, recent bank or utility statement)
- A Witness (18 years or older) who knows both the male and female applicants.
- $28 Application Fee (Exact Cash Preferred or Check)
- Your social security number is required by law and will be kept confidential.
- The application must be signed in the presence of the Registrar.
- There is a 72-hour waiting period between application and license issue.
- Any documents in a foreign language must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Ordering a copy of a Vital Record (Birth, Death, Marriage):
- Certified copies of vital records are available for a fee of $5.00 per copy (Exact Cash Preferred or Check). Proper identification is required before certified copies can be issued.
- Application Requirements for Certified Copies
- Application for Certified Copy of Vital Record